Monday, November 15, 2010

XII

Doctor- I am going to hold up a series of cards to where I can see them but you can only see the backs of them.  I would like for you to tell me what symbol is depicted on the cards.  I know this sounds crazy but don't stress out about it, just relax and tell me what symbols pop up in your head.  There are no right or wrong answers here.  Remember it is just a test...

Patient- So I just need to guess what symbol is on each card?

Doctor- That is correct, shall we begin?

Patient- Sure!

Doctor- (holds up card #1) O.k. here is the first card, what symbol do you think it is?

Patient- I don't even know where to begin, how can I possibly do this?

Doctor- Don't stress, just relax, and let me know what ideas or images come to mind pertaining the card that I am holding.

Patient- O.k....I am thinking about money, maybe the weather outside...I don't know like it's sunny during the daytime...

Doctor- Good, anything else?

Patient- Maybe that the money is more like a coin than paper cash, or that it could be either the sun or the moon...I am doing this right?

Doctor- You are doing just fine, lets move on to the second card (doctor holds up card #2) Can you tell me what you think this card is?

Patient- O.k. ummmm, I feel like that maybe a car is parked at an intersection...

Doctor- Good, what else?

Patient- Or that there is a church involved, or something about christianity or jesus or something?

Doctor- Great, anything else?

Patient- No, I don't think so, I think thats it on that one.

Doctor- (holds up card #3)  O.k. how about this one?

Patient- I can't get that stupid song out of my head, you know the one from Hair the musical? "It's the age of aquarius, the age of aquarius, do, do , do, do, aquarius...." That sounds stupid, but thats what I think of when you hold up that card...

Doctor- There are no stupid answers, you are doing great!  Anything else?

Patient- Maybe water or something but thats it.

Doctor- (holds up card #4) Great, how about this one?

Patient-I just see a square.

Doctor- Perfect! (holds up card #5) and how about this one?

Patient- I am thinking about the number 5, and looking up at the night sky, and how I don't really see the stars anymore since I moved to the city...That makes me kind of sad...Thats all, are we done?

Doctor- We are.  Thank you for participating in this study...Actually, one more question. Are you high right now?

Patient- Doctor, I am stoned out of my freaking mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment